April 2016 Legislative Summary!
Thanks again for all your support. I truly appreciate all the emails, phone calls, returned surveys, Facebook comments, mail, and any other way that you are able to reach out to me. Again, feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions, concerns, complaints or comments. All of my contact information is at the bottom of this email.
Following the completion of the general legislative Session begins the off-season, or "Interim" Session. Once a month we meet in committees comprised of both House and Senate members and begin to craft and discuss proposed legislation for the 2017 session and other issues on the Master Study list. Over this interim period I will be serving on the Judiciary and Health and Human Services Interim Committees. Our first Interim Session will be held on May 18, 2016. Here's the schedule if you're interested: http://le.utah.gov/documents/2016interimSchedule.pdf
If you have issues or concerns please contact me. I am already working on several ideas regarding potential legislation with constituents for the 2017 session and would love to hear from you.
- Thank you notes to Rep. Hall from District 33 teachers
As many of you know, I'm a strong supporter of Utah's education system. But don't just take my word for it. Ask the teachers within District 33. Thank you for your support!!
- Rep. Hall's 2016 bills
Here's a list of all my passed bills this last session. The Governor signed every one of them.
The detailed version of these bills can be found here. But here's the short version of what these bills accomplished:
- Set forth increased campaign finance transparency for candidates.
- Added tools to fight the scourge of child pornography.
- Improved the justice court system.
- Made strides to increase technology to make our daily lives more simple.
- Gave additional tools to prosecutors to fight identity theft.
- Protected minor students' detailed victim statements from public disclosure to the media in the event of sexual assault by a teacher.
- Increased state and local government transparency.
- Repealed an area of unneeded code within the too-large Utah Code book.
Thanks to all those who supported these bills and helped get them passed!
- Ceremonial Bill Signing!
Thanks to the Governor for doing a ceremonial bill signing for my bill that requires computer technicians to report child pornography to law enforcement if they come across it in the course of their employment.
Utah is now state number 13 to enact such a requirement.
And thanks to my legislative colleagues who supported and voted overwhelmingly (both republicans and democrats) for the bill. Working together works.
- Re-Elect Rep. Craig Hall!
I have officially filed to run again for the Utah House of Representatives. It has been my honor to represent the fantastic residents of West Valley at the State Capitol. Thanks to all who have reached out with your wonderful support while I have served in office. I will always listen to and fight for the great people of District 33, where I've live for 29 years. Thank you so much for your support. Here's to another term!
For those interested, the legislative staff has put together some good summaries of what was accomplished during the last Legislative Session:
- A complete list of all bills that were passed can be found here: http://le.utah.gov/asp/passedbills/passedbills.asp
- A good explanation of some of the more interesting bills that passed can be found here: http://le.utah.gov/~2016/pdfdoc/SelectedHighlights2016.pdf
- FY2016 - 2017 budget. If you want to know how Utah will be spending its money over the next fiscal year, click here for a fantastic summary.
Thanks again for all your support. My contact information is as follows. Feel free to contact me regarding any issue.
Legislative email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal email: email@example.com
Cell phone: (801) 573-1774